[MONDAYS ARE FINE] JUNE 18
CLICK CLICK CLICK
1. When was your last ART DATE? Allow us to take you on one this Thursday, with a private tour of Radical Women: Latin American Art, 1960-1985 at Brooklyn Museum – the first exhibition EVER to highlight the work of women during this time of massive aesthetic experimentation. Come through and spend the evening exploring this special exhibit in the company of some cool women. Tickets are available right ova here.
2. Wed don't mean to panic you, but....Q2 is coming to a close. Need to get your finances in order so you can start off the next quarter on a high note? Get our CLASS OF 2018 worksheet HOW TO BUILD A BUDGET. We'll help you keep track of your $$ comings and goings. Buy it individually here or sign up for CO18 and get access to all content from the quarter. Here's to a strong finish.
3. Pregnancy discrimination is still very much a reality in so many workplaces - even the most progressive of companies have yet to get it right. These 6 mothers share how having kids changed the way they were treated in the office.
4. If you missed this project from Roxane Gay back in April, dig in because it's no doubt a timeless one. In conversation with her memoir "Hunger", she brought together 25 writers to reflect and write on relationships with the body - be it emotional, cultural, or scientific.Read the brilliant collection of essays and features here.
5. "How much do you pay for rent?" See how other women live in cities around the world (and how much it costs them) by dipping into the archives of R29's Sweet Digs series. Bonus: all the small space design inspo you need.
6. Just in case you missed it: We went to Mexico City with Warehouse UK and curated a guide to soaking in the city's fantastic food, architecture, and fashion (which you can get for FREE here) - all with the help of two of my favorite locals, Suzzan Atala of Tuza Jewelry and architecture journalist Karina Zatarain. We also put together a summer edit of vibrant looks for work and play that capture the energy of the city - Take a peek.
NEW YORK CITY
We're taking you OUT. That's right, we're hosting an ART DATE at the Brooklyn Museum on June 21 @ 6:30 PM. Join us for a private tour of the truly magical exhibit, Radical Women: Latin American Art - but tickets are limited, so get yours here. Not a bad way to break up the week, eh?
Take a deep dive into the early days of NYC hip-hop at Getty Images Gallery's new show Beat Positive. See iconic images from British photographers Janette Beckman and David Corio, capturing the best of the era, from music to graffiti to style.
Beyond The Streets is one exhibition you won't want to miss this summer: the 40,000 square feet space is full of street art and immersive installations, from influential artists like Basquiat and Guerrilla Girls. Get your tickets here.