[MONDAYS ARE FINE] JUNE 19
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. I'm back in London and it's Work Party O'Clock! Next week's session is in a fabulous Breather space in Clerkenwell and has a fabulous guest mentor in the form of my BFF Sharmadean Reid, founder of WAH Nails. Please come through! (All proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire).
2. While we're on the subject of Work Parties: At our session in New York a couple of weeks back, I spoke to Alison E Roman about writing, eating, cooking, and the art of landing a really great agent. Plus, there was lots of chat about her forthcoming book Dining In which looks stunning and is available for pre-order here. You can watch the interview in full over on our Facebook page.
3. A topical read for many of us: How to take a guilt-free holiday as a freelancer, via Guardian Careers.
4. Put those tips to good use with a little help from The New York Times, who offer a round-up of cheap Euro vacation deals righthere. (Only relevant to U.S. readers, alas! Sorry).
5. If a theme wasn't already emerging here: summer officially starts on Wednesday. Hurray! If you're a new(er) subscriber to The WW Club,why not spend some time catching up on the ten part Summer School podcast series and accompanying curriculum I put together last year?
6. Looking for a perfect soundtrack to set the tone for your week? Check out SZA's dreamy debut album CTRL, if you haven't already. Follow up with this Vogue read on her refreshing approach to self-care and beauty.
7. And here's some gorgeous imagery to get your Monday off to a soothing and inspiring start: a guide to the colour palettes used by Sofia Coppola in her dream-like films.
8. "Victims don't succeed." This interview with real estate mogul Barbara Corcoran is like a pep talk from the terrifying but incredibly motivating professional coach you (sometimes) wish you had.
9. In case you didn't notice, our website got a little makeover.Take a look around!
10. In other news you may have missed: I wrote a book! Read all about it.