[MONDAYS ARE FINE] APRIL 24
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. Good morning from New York City! It feels good to be back, although the past ten days I spend in Los Angeles were a Hollywood Dream. It was such a delight to host two Work Parties at Breatherspaces in Hollywood and Venice - thanks to all who attended and especially to Shelley Kleyn Armistead and Adi Goodrich, our fabulous guest mentors. Recaps and photos are coming soon, and in the meantime you can watch back the interviews on our Facebook page.
2. Meanwhile it’s straight back to business here in New York. I’m honored to be hosting the The Modern Woman - the first conversation in a series of live events by Tibi - this Wednesday evening. I’ll be interviewing the brand’s founder Amy Smilovic, Tamu McPherson of All The Pretty Birds, and Oscar-winning producer Wendy Finerman. Should be pretty special (and alas is already at full capacity) but please follow along on mine and Tibi’s Instagram Stories and stay tuned for a video recap coming soon.
3. In more NY news - I’ve arranged our second Art Date for early May. This time, we’re going on a guided tour of the new Georgia O’Keeffee exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. Tickets are highly limited so please scoop yours up today if you’d like to join.
4. Huge congratulations to my old friend Sandeep Salter, who just branched out alone to open an all-new-and-improved location of her art store and space Picture Room in Brooklyn. Head over to buy a print and support an independent business (and listen back to our podcast from last year’s Summer School series).
5. ...And huge thanks to Marawa the Amazing - my hostess with the hostess in Los Angeles and another entrepreneurial powerhouse I’m proud to call my friend. As well as holding nine (!) World Records for her insane hula hooping skills, Marawa sells her own patented fold-down pink travel hula hoop (!!!!) and hosts classes all over the world. Get involved.
6. Reasons to hoop: If you needed any further evidence that exercise is the cure-all to end all cure-alls, The New York Times has your back.
7. Ditto meditation - which can actually help you to live twice as long. Sounds impossible, right? Oliver Burkeman breaks it down.
8. An interesting piece on a weird thing that happens when women start to outearn their husbands.
9. Elsewhere on the Interwebs, I thought this round-up of financial advice (and warnings) from eleven famous figures was actually very informative. Thanks, Bloomberg Businessweek.
10. And just in case you weren’t already listening to a bazillion podcasts, here are 14 business-focused broadcasts to add to the list. There will be a new one from us up this week, too, so subscribe on iTunes if you haven't already.