[MONDAYS ARE FINE] APRIL 17
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. Greetings from Los Angeles! We kickstarted our trip with a delightful Work Party with Gjelina Group’s Shelley Kleyn Armistead in Venice (watch the full interview here) and we’re keeping the party going with Adi Goodrich in Hollywood on Wednesday - nab one of the last remaining tickets and join us! If you're not on the West Coast then be sure to tune in via Facebook and send Q’s.
2. In my most recent column for British business magazineCourier, I explored The Rise of the Influencer, aka "the most powerful figure in modern marketing" (to quote, erm, myself). Have a read.
3. “Will London Fall?” Never! But times are certainly changing post-Brexit in my beloved hometown of London. The New York Times explores the shift.
4. One of my new favourite journalists, the fabulously named Taffy Brodesser-Akner writes about the less-than-zen aspects of the booming ‘wellness’ industry.
5. I also loved Taffy’s piece on the cult of Marie Kondo, which is *snort out loud* funny. Find it in The New York Times.
6. Which is not to say that I don’t love me some Marie Kondo-ing.In fact, I wrote a whole blog post a little while back on how to apply a Kondo-esque approach to your career. Revisit it here.
7. In need of a little inspiration to kickstart your spring fitness regime? Friend of The WW Club Joe Holder shares his daily routine with The Coveteur. A treasure trove of tips and tricks, especially for those of us also living and working in the madness of New York City.
8. How do you feel about terms like ‘She-eo’ and ‘mompreneur’?Personally, they make me shudder. Kathleen Davis apparently agrees - in Fast Company, she implores us to ‘stop trying to empower women with cutesy titles’. Amen.
9. It’s a joy to see a few few friends make the Dazed 100 list, which rounds up some of the names shaping youth culture right now. Get familiar.
10. Haven’t listened to the new Kendrick album yet? You should.Damn. Literally.