[MONDAYS ARE FINE] NOVEMBER 20
H A P P Y M O N D A Y !
We're taking a DIGITAL DETOX - click here to download our full digital detox guide and worksheet pack - and will resume business as usual on Monday December 4th.
In the meantime, here's a selection of our favourite links from newsletters gone by (don't worry, there's another one coming your way next Monday, too!)
See you on the Internet again very soon!
CLICK CLICK CLICK
1. Brand-building 101: A comprehensive overview from the crew over at Bond St.
2. "Instead of bringing about a leisure class living in actual leisure, we have wrought a world where the upwardly mobile are instead obsessed with productivity. Indeed, productivity itself has become a kind of class signifier. Even recreation among the elite bears the hallmarks of work, with metrics and documentation governing all activity. As the increasing demands of work sow anxiety among the elite, leisure time has become a zone heavy with contradiction." Molly Young being brilliant as usual, on wellness, work, and so much more in The New York Times.
3. “Be a feminist.” Helen Mirren’s 5 Rules for a Happy Life, from her recent keynote speech at Tulane University are worth watching and remembering.
4. Man Repeller spoke to three women about what they've learned about life, work, and love in 70+ years of life, and theresults are just so lovely.
5. An intriguing article on one woman's 'relationship contract' - read'The 36 Questions That Lead to Love' first, if you haven't already' - that got me thinking about human relationships in general, and how our lack of transparency and direct communication is perhaps the source of all our interpersonal woes. What's your take?
6. 'Famous on the Internet, Broke IRL': This episode of Refinery29's Strong Opinions, Loosely Held podcast is honest, relatable, and highly necessary. (Thanks to GG for the heads-up.)
7. "No matter what you do for a living, the only thing you’ll get more and more and more of is hard work. So figure out what kind of hard work feels satisfying to you. Learn to enjoy the hard work, and learn to enjoy the times when you’re not working, and you’ll learn to enjoy life itself." This week's 'Ask Polly' is another banger. Read read read.
8. My friend Missy Flynn wrote a great piece for The Debrief sharing lessons learnt from running the sorely-missed London restaurant Rita's (where we once hosted a dinner party and panel for The WW Club -listen back to the conversation here). An important reflection on managing our ideas about how success really looks and feels
9. In case you didn't know: AWAY has a great podcast called Airplane Mode, and I'm featured as a guest on the most recent episode. The theme is 'Work Trip' and so naturally I talked all about work + travel + The WW Club. Listen up. (I also featured on their new site HERE earlier in the year - peep the interview).
10. In related news - I recorded a special edition of the Make It Work podcast, dedicated solely to sharing my experience of publishing a book (the good, the bad, and the hard-learnt lessons along the way) and answering any questions you might have about doing the same. Give it a listen.