[MONDAYS ARE FINE] JULY 10
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. I'm super-excited to introduce The Workspace - a dedicated online space to help you find a job, list a job, and/or swap your skills with working women worldwide! Intrigued? Read more - and submit your listing - here.
2. In case you somehow missed it... Lucinda Chambers (the recently-fired Fashion Director of British Vogue) gives a searingly honest interview on her thoughts of the state of the industry to Vestoj.
3. L-O-L at this review of Tim Ferriss' new book Tools of Titans in The Cut, which is a razor-sharp assessment of the problematic nature of self-help books (as well as an absolutely hilarious read.)
4. British fashion designer Molly Goddard was in the year below me at school and, although we never became friends, I've enjoyed watching her incredible ascent since those days. Here, The New York Times accompanies her to the V&A in the leadup to her presentation at the iconic London museum next week. Attagal.
5. If you’ve ever succumbed to ‘French Girl Style’ click bait (haven't we all?) you’ll enjoy this Racked article: How to Sell a Billion-Dollar Myth Like a French Girl is fascinating exploration of marketing techniques, spending habits, and prevailing, problematic ideals of contemporary femininity.
6. Lovely friends of The WW Club Krissy and Chloe of Sky Ting Yoga are hosting rooftop classes at New York's new Public hotel all summer. Chiccccc.
7. If you're working in online retail or media, you might want to plough through this super-thorough breakdown of Hypebeast, High Snobiety, and the similarities/differences between their respective business models.
8. You know I live to read (and write!) about successful people's work habits and schedules. Plenty of that over here.
9. Currently reading: This seminal novel by James Baldwin andlistening to this exploration of how and why "...his words have become the rallying cries for a new rising generation—in film, in music, and in the press."
10. “What’s one promise that, if you could keep it, would change your whole life?" Thanks for the thought prompt, Man Repeller.