[MONDAYS ARE FINE] JANUARY 9
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. Is one of your goals for 2017 to write more (or simply share more)?The WW Club is looking for contributors and we want to hear from you. Read all about it.
2. Still struggling to kick yourself into gear for 2017? Forbes annual ‘30 under 30’ list should provide sufficient motivation/inspiration via a bunch of 20-somethings who are Killing. The. Game.
3. Continuing this theme… London-based creative platform It’s Nice That tends to ID new talent quicker than most. Here are some of the artists, designers, and photographers they’ve got their eye on. Take notes!
4. I won’t be embarking on an Instagram-inspired fitness mission anytime soon, but I’m fascinated by the businesswomen who make bank off them. No one does it bigger or better than Kayla Itsines, as Bloomberg Businessweek explores.
5. Speaking of New Year health kicks… Are you on day nine of Dry January? This article on ‘the real reason women drink’ might provide an interesting new perspective on your usual habits.
6. Maybe we’d all drink less if we had a legal right to disconnect, as workers now are able to in France.
7. Speaking of smart thinking coming out of France, my very elegant friend Paris-based friend Sofia Nebiolo has just co-founded The Skirt Chronicles: a (very elegant) “publication founded by women which reflects a feminine voice yet does not exclude anyone from the conversation.” I can’t wait to read it.
8. I know I posted a link to must-visit destinations for 2017 last week, but, really, who can ever get enough travel porn? Not me. Check The New York Times’ inspiring array of suggestions here.
9. More stuff to look forward to in 2017: A whole slew of awesome new novels from women authors, as chosen by Elle. Yay.
10. Feeling grey and gross? Girl, I’m right there with you. Give thanks to The Coveteur for this round-up of winter skin savers, from beauty editors who know what’s up. Roll on Spring (or a winter sun escape; whatever you have to look forward to first).