[MONDAYS ARE FINE] NOVEMBER 28
1 0 L I N K S F O R A
S T R O N GW O R K I N G W E E K
1. Some exciting news from us! Last week saw the launch of WxW - a new collaborative concept from The WW Club, celebrating the work of women creatives around the world. We're kickstarting the concept with an exclusive print series by illustrator Lucy Han, featuring Four Women we love. Read more here and shop here (Plus! Get 15% off everything the site with a special Cyber Monday code 'ILOVEMONDAYS', valid 'till tomorrow at 1PM EST).
2. Los Angelenos - if you haven't picked up tickets for our live Q&A with Pia Arrobio of LPA at Ace Hotel DTLA, you can still get yours here. These are 15% off with code above, too. Just so you know.
3. Speaking of Pia - here she is being fabulous on The Coveteur.Sample quote: “What I always say to girls who want to work in fashion is to be really ballsy. I got all my jobs by cold-calling people, showing up and asking questions. Showing you are not scared and you are willing to push someone to where you want to go is a pretty important quality.
4. Bloomberg Businessweek explores the Power of Pink - financially, culturally, and politically. Fascinating stuff (even if we've been onto pink for a minute).
5. Another perfect Monday lunchtime read: Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie on beauty, femininity, and feminism in the New York Times. "At some point, I wanted to be who I am. And who I am is a person who enjoys, from time to time, putting a bright color on my lips." I love this woman.
6. Heartening news in a time when such a thing seems like an oxymoron -an array of protest groups that are already bubbling up in NYC and beyond. If you're in the Big Apple, check out tomorrow's all day Planned Parenthood fundraiser from Rally + Rise, which includes classes at Y7 and ModelFit as well as a party at Matchless in Greenpoint.
7. Did you see our guide to the Best Women-Owned Businesses in Downtown NYC, produced in collaboration with Bond St? Have a read!
8. An old Forbes post that I've found useful this week: 10 Ways to Avoid Burnout as an Entrepreneur. Ahem.
9. Tell me you're not excited to see Jackie?!
10. If you've been considering becoming a member of The WW Club, this week is your last chance to sign up in 2016. Come join us!