THE WW CLUB PODCAST #2 WITH DESIGNER SANDY LIANG
Fast-talking, fast-thinking, and insanely fast-working, womenswear designer Sandy Liang is a true New York woman if ever I met one. As she prepares to launch her fifth (!) eponymous collection at the tender age of 24, I visited Sandy at her Lower East Side HQ to talk inspiration, personal style, and staying chill in the face of adversity.
Listen to hear:
- How and why she launched her womenswear label at the age of 22.
- Why she believes in making mistakes on her own time (and why there's never a 'right' time to do anything).
- Designing clothes that women really want to wear - and why so many fashion labels run by men get it wrong.
- Drawing inspiration from everything from classic Range Rovers, to Chinatown Grandpas, to the Roosevelts.
- How she resisted pressure from a dad who told her to get a 'real job' and a mother who saw fashion as a waste of time.
- Her take on stress management.
- Our shared love of clothes with pockets.
- Sandy's personal definition of success.