[MONDAYS ARE FINE] MAY 22
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. Work Party returns to NYC the first week of June! We're heading to Soho for a special mentor session with food writer, former Bon Appetiteditor, chef, and soon-to author Alison E Roman (followed by a workshop hosted by me!) Tickets are super-limited as always: get yours right here, right now.
2. Has the spring weather got you feeling restless and ready for a shift? Harvard Business Review offers some tips on how to change your career without starting from scratch. Read 'em.
3. Or why not tackle one of Rookie's brilliant creative prompts? I like this one, that encourages us to capture that 'spring fever' in words.
4. Solange pens a beautiful letter to her teenage self for Teen Vogue (and woah, did you see the pics from her Guggenheim performance?!)
5. A good one for graphic designers and general colour enthusiasts:Pantone has an app that enables you to ID specific shades using snapshots from your smartphone. Cool.
6. This ELLE profile on Missy Elliot is a great read on an iconic musician - and also a thoughtful observation on female creativity; and specifically the experience of black women artists in the U.S.
7. What do when you love your friend but her social media presence makes you cringe. We've all been there.
8. A fascinating piece on the daily routines of nine workers in America, from a 26-year-old speed skater to a 58-year-old writer. Who doesn't love to know what other people do all day?!
9. Brand-building 101: A comprehensive overview from the crew over at Bond St.
10. I'm a big believer that confidence is a career skill any other: You have to learn it and keep working on it if you want to be any good at it. Here are some great tips on how to do just that, via Inc.