[MONDAYS ARE FINE] MAY 1
1 0 L I N K S F O R A S T R O N G
W O R K I N G W E E K
1. New week, new month, new podcast from us! This one is with Kerrilynn Pamer and Cindy DiPrima, founders of CAP Beautyin New York’s West Village, which is a dreamy emporium of natural beauty products where I recently had one of the best facials of my life. Thanks to the ladies for sharing a huge wealth of knowledge on health and wellness - listen to the full interview here.
2. More beauty industry insights via Violet Grey’s Woman Made series, which profiles some of the world’s leading female entrepreneurs including Glossier’s Emily Weiss, Bobbi Brown, and Tatcha founder Vicky Tsai.
3. It’s Taurus season! (Happy birthday to you if you’re a Taurus - Ilove a Taurus). And even if you’re not a Taurus, this is a good time to harness the energy of the zodiac’s most sensuous but practical sign. Some more insights from the AstroTwins right here.
4. I love reading about 'creative professionals' but it’s important to stay up on the lives of people with non-creative jobs, too. Perspective, people! New York Mag is currently hosting an intriguing ‘pop up blog’ sponsored by Shinola, which offers an interesting survey of the contemporary American workforce.
5. If you’re still not quite on a Smythson budget, you might be interested to know that And Other Stories just launched a chic stationary line that offers stylish notebooks, pens and pouches at reasonable prices. Good for gifts! (Especially gifts to self).
6. Beware the toxic coworker who is always trying to get you to talk sh*t about your colleagues. If you’re currently dealing with this, here’s how to deal.
7. I really enjoyed this interview from The Creative Independent with Yumna Al-Arashi, a Yemeni-American photographer and friend whose work I’ve been following for years (a print of hers was actually the first piece of artwork I ever bought). Her thoughts on the dangers of social media for creativity are especially wise.
8. Tonight is MET GALA night in NYC. What are you wearing…. (to sit at home and follow the looks via the ‘Gram)?! This year’s fashion extravaganza celebrates the achievements of legendary label Comme Des Garcons and its influential designer, Rei Kawaukubo. Get familiar via The NY Times.
9. Trying to switch up your morning routine? Here are some ideas on harnessing your power hours, via Fortune.
10. Last week, I had the privilege of interviewing Oscar-winning producer Wendy Finerman, All The Pretty Birds Founder Tamu McPherson, and Tibi’s co-founder and creative director Amy Smilovic at The Modern Woman - the first of a series of conversational Salons at the Tibi store here in New York. Here’s a great profile I discovered during the course of my research, which breaks down how Amy (who is phenomenally warm, witty, and chic btw!) has taken her brand from strength to strength.