[MONDAYS ARE FINE] DECEMBER 12
1 0 L I N K S F O R A
S T R O N GW O R K I N G W E E K
1. Like many people, I'm trying to find time to process the year gone by and make positive, proactive plans for the one ahead. My relationship with technology and the online world is my first focus area. I posted (the irony!) some of my thoughts, questions, and ideas on this here.
2. Joan Didion is great on most things, but her thoughts on self-respect are especially brilliant. Brainpickings breaks them down.
3. I loved the Guardian's '16 in 16' special issue last weekend and also enjoyed this story on teenage start-up founders from HBR. The kids are (mostly) alright.
4. This year, we've all seen how powerful, successful women can be vilified by the media. Sallie Krawcheck shares her first-hand experience of the difficulties that came with making the Fortune MPW list.
5. The Gentlewoman's editor Penny Martin speaks about publishing, fashion, and feminism with BBC Scotland. She's brilliant, as always, and who doesn't want to hear some soothing Scottish accents right now?
6. Bad news: Female CEO's get only 3% (!!!) of VC funding.Good news: That's all about to change. Here's how women are creating a new funding universe.
7. A late share, but still a relevant one: Back in the summer, I spoke to Sincerely, Tommy (owned by my friend, the ever-elegant and inspiring Kai Avent-Deleon) about all things The WW Club. Have a read.
8. Speaking of elegant and inspiring women businessowners - myfriend Sandeep Salter just opened a new, huge location of her beautifully-curated store Goods For The Study at 50 W 8th Street. Perfect for all your Christmas gifting needs.
9. And on that subject... Today is the last chance to order one of our WxW exclusive prints by Lucy Han for pre-Christmas delivery. Get yours here!
10. Totally not work-related, but utterly entertaining nonetheless.Prince's closest friends share their best stories of the late, great, lavender-scented (apparently!) artist with GQ. 2016, you took some good ones.