[MONDAYS ARE FINE] NOVEMBER 7
1 0 L I N K S F O R A
S T R O N GW O R K I N G W E E K
1. We're back in business! The WW Club is taking new members and we want you to join our crew. Find out more about the benefits of becoming a member OR just sign up right here and now.
2. Always meaning to see art shows, learn stuff, and generally feed you mind...but never quite getting round to it? I feel you, and I've got you. Join us for our first ever #ARTDATE - a guided tour of the Agnes Martin exhibition at the Guggenheim on November 20th.
3. It's Election Eve in the USA, and tensions are running unbearably high. On a positive note, almost a quarter of girls age 14 to 17 say that Hillary Clinton’s candidacy has made them more likely to seek positions of leadership.
4. Refinery29's Money Diaries are, without a doubt, one of my favourite online discoveries of the year. Fascinating insights into what women on various incomes/in various locations spend on everything from transport to take-out.
5. We've all absorbed the idea that you should ~do what you love~ and ~follow your passion~ but even this utopian ideal comes at a cost. A thought-provoking read on the consequences of monetising your bliss.
6. I'm on a mission to buy less, and buy better - but, just as crucially, to spend less time deciding what to buy in the first place (Decision Fatigue is real, yo). Enter NY Mag's new site, The Strategist, which offers thoughtful suggestions on how to effectively shop on the Internet, from people who've bothered to do their research.
7. Tavi's 'Infinity Diaries' are everything. Read her Editor's Letter from September before you dive in. What a writer.
7. Work is changing, and the skill sets we need to thrive are changing with it. But who will win in the new gig economy?
8. It's documentary season. GQ rounds up 21 documentaries that everyone from the 21st Century should see.
9. While we're on the topic of important films: Have you seen Moonlight?Please go and see Moonlight.