[MONDAYS ARE FINE] OCTOBER 17 2016
10 LINKS FOR A STRONG WORKING WEEK
1. I know it's only Monday, but...Where are you having your Saturday morning cappuccino next weekend? With me, hopefully! Free coffee with your member card if you have one - but please come by even if you don't.
2. We can no longer delay the inevitable: It's time to pack up the slip dresses and pull out the sheepskins. This 'seasonal style concept' planning guide will make the process almost...fun?
3. This week's recommended listening comes courtesy of a collaboration between two friends: Know Wave at Picture Room takeover. Drop by if you're in NYC / tune in from wherever.
4. Also on my cultural radar this week: the Agnes Martin exhibition at the Guggenheim and corresponding collection by sponsors, Cos.
5. Outdoor Voices founder Ty Haney shares tips on getting that #doingthings glow in W. Find more Ty on the Girlboss podcast and maybe even IRL at herbeautiful new store on New York's Centre Street!
6. Michelle Obama for President. (No, but SERIOUSLY.)
7. I'm newly obsessed with the work of Nigerian-born, LA-based artist Njideka Akunyili Crosby - not to mention enamored by the woman herself. Get to know her in this Lenny Q&A.
8. Support a brilliant indie mag made by young women and buy yourself a million lolz in the process. The Mushpit Crisis Issue is available for pre-order.
9. Adderall = steroids for productivity junkies. Consume at your peril.
10. If you've not yet discover Heather Havrilesky's 'Ask Polly' advice columns, be prepared to lose hours of your life in the archives. (Totally worth it, FYI). If you're bored out of your mind at work, start here.